Connect with your audience precisely when they show interest
The web is growing. Each day, users browse the web exploring their passions across millions of web pages. What if you can connect with users as they read web content that's directly related to what you're selling? With Google's powerful contextual targeting, you can.
- Show your message to users exactly when they're reading about your products and services across the millions of web pages in our network – automatically, and in real time.
- Sophisticated technology scans and understands web page content based on factors like words on a page, frequency of words, linguistics, page structure, and more, to ensure your ads are precisely targeted.
- Ensure utmost precision by combining contextual targeting with other targeting, such as remarketing, frequency capping, exclusion controls and other proprietary targeting technology.
- Just as our algorithms use contextual signals to show your ads on relevant pages, the same technology ensures your ads don't appear next to undesirable content to ensure brand safety.
Contextual targeting on the Google Display Network is easy to implement using keywords, or by choosing from over 1,750 topics and sub-topics, related to your business. Contextual Targeting show ads on sites related to your keywords
Keyword Contextual Targeting delivers relevant messages to users based on the type of content they consume. You can connect with interested consumers at the exact moment they’re actively engaged in highly relevant content across the entire Google Display Network.
Keyword level contextual targeting enables you to:
- Find engaged consumers who are interested in what you sell.
- Use keyword-level targeting and bidding to reach your best customers.
- Add extra power with remarketing, frequency capping, exclusion controls and other targeting tools.
- Keep your brand safe by making sure your ads don't appear next to undesirable content.
- The Google Display Network reaches 92% of all Internet users in the U.S. It's a terrific way to find new customers and grow your business.
- Contextual advertising is advertising on a website that is targeted to be relevant to the page’s content. Automated systems display ads related to the content that the users of your website check.
- The most famous example of contextual advertising is Google AdSense. Google robots serve ads relevant to your users. The ads are selected from the inventory of advertisers, who registered through AdWords.
- MSN AdCenter and Yahoo! Publisher Network also provide similar contextual advertising services and are valuable alternatives to Google AdSense. To stay informed about shifts in the industry, read 10 Facts and Trends about Contextual Advertising by Larry Kim, Founder of Word stream or contact one of our AdWords Consultants.